Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Glory Days

Alanis Morissette has released an acoustic version of her hit selling album, Jagged Little Pill to celebrate the 10th anniversary of its original release.

Ten freakin’ years ago. Ten Years! That album was the anthem of my entire first year at Iowa State. My roommate and I played that CD constantly. Half the girls on our floor would sit around (when we should have been studying) listening to Head Over Feet. We’d drive around town blaring Ironic in the CD player. We’d quote the lyrics to You Oughta Know in the cafeteria. We drunkenly grind with guys in the basement of the Pi Kap house to Hand in My Pocket.

I remember it like it was literally a week ago, yet it was ten years. How can time go by that quickly? How can one album kick so much ass?

It’s been awhile since I pulled out my worn copy of Jagged Little Pill. I think I’ll do that as I balance my checkbook this evening.

Boy have times changed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home