Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Something About Toast

Ah, Sunday morning: the entire day to do whatever I want. Whatever shall I do? Maybe I’ll go see Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Perhaps I’ll check out the sales at Macy’s. Perchance I’ll wait outside my cousin’s apartment ‘til she either calls the cops or gives up her Harry Potter book.

I used to dread Sundays. It was just a grim reminder that the weekend was nearly over and I had to stare down an entire week of work that lay ahead of me. I would often stay up/out as late as possible Saturday night just so I could keep Sunday from showing up.

But recently I’ve began to love Sundays. I get up around 8ish, fire up the coffee pot and go out front to get my Sunday paper. If it’s there I’m happy and if it’s not there I’m happy ‘cause that means I get to call the L.A. Times and bitch about the shitty paper guy.

After throwing out any part of the paper that has to do with politics or the world outside my condo, I spend a big part of the morning going through the ads and coupons. Usually I don’t find anything of interest, but every once in a while I find something of interest.

Today is not one of those days.

Oh well…..time to go enjoy the day.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Well, I guess I could call, but the book stays put. You can have it in a few. And wait until you read it, cause...damn!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home