Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Pain!

My body is getting its revenge on me for the 5:30 a.m. workouts from last week. At least I’m guessing that’s what caused it. I got one of my old-school migraines yesterday. It’s been so long since I’ve actually had to feel the pain of a migraine. Usually when I start to see the weird spinny lights out f the corner of my left eye I can take my “headache pill” soon enough that I can escape the head pain and only have to deal with the icky stomach feeling the pill leaves.

But not this one. I actually felt the pain. Gawd it was awful. With the nausea and the puking and the flaven!

I did manage to fall asleep near 7 pm and woke up after midnight feeling just wrecked. I thought for sure I’d have to spend all day recuperating. I did manage to get up pert-near 8 and somehow got my ass out of bed. What annoys me the most is that I can’t manage to get the migraine during the work day. It’s always after work. Sigh….

It worries me that the actual migraine pain is back. I thought I had left that back in Iowa. The migraine pain is a bit of a wake up call though. ‘Cause if it’s not the early rising, I’m going to have to reconsider the way I’m living my life. Something is going to have to change, ‘cause I am NOT going to start down this migraine pain road again. Not. Gonna. Do. It.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Ya know, I had a bizarre weird headache last night too, not like a migraine but one that wiped me out and put me in bed by 9pm. I can't figure out if it was dehydration or my running at the track in the sun. Or maybe they're connected. Or maybe we should check with the rest of the family to see who else had mysterious head pain.

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Leana said…

    Maybe it was the mother ship calling us back. I call a window seat!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home