Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

No Pain, No Pain

I’ve been getting up at 5:30 every morning this week to go to the gym. This discipline has left me completely exhausted at….er what time is it right now? I would sleep in a bit later if I could, but this stupid internal alarm clock of mine keeps waking me up at 5:30 a.m. And I know from experience, if I force myself to go back to sleep, that I’ll wake up at 8 completely out of it.

What I’ve found interesting is how much the difference an hour makes at the gym. It’s a completely different group of people who work out at 5:30 than work out at 6:30.

The women’s’ locker room at 5:30 am if full of half a dozen extremely overweight black women who like to sit around naked and talk; like completely unashamed naked. At 6:30 am it’s a bunch of anorexic white chicks that stand with their backs to one another using oversized beach towels to cover themselves as they get dressed.

Guess which group I like more!

At 5:30 am there is a lot more working out and a lot less talking. I completely understand, as my brain usually isn’t functioning enough to form a sentence at 5:30 am I suppose if it was able, then I could talk myself into not going to the gym. At 6:30 am it’s a bunch of old ladies who wear too much perfume and like to sit (read, not use) on the gym equipment and troll the old guys.

Another interesting side-affect of getting to the gym at 5:30 am- I work out longer. At 6:30 am I would usually only do about an hour, but coming in earlier I stay almost two. Freakin’ crazy.

I don’t know how much longer I’ll be able to keep this schedule up. I hear that if you do something every day for 30 days you can actually make it a routine. Although if it makes me hit the sheets at 8:30 p.m. every night, I don’t know if I want it.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    You go girl! I'm very proud of you for getting up so freakin early. And to work out at that. You may be rolling into bed at 8:30 at night but you'll be rolling into it in that fabulous size 4 nightie!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home