Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Worst

I was the worst babysitter in the world. I would do as little as possible while I was watching children. In my defense, I would be making a buck an hour to watch four kids. It’s amazing how little parents are willing to pay people to watch their children. I actually think some of the people who asked me to baby sit would have been fine just chaining their kids up in the back yard.

Not to say I was a better alternative to bondage. I would let those kids do anything as long as it didn’t interfere with my view of the television. They could juggle knives or splash around in bleach and I was pretty much indifferent.

My favorite trick was when the oldest kid would want to go down the street to the neighbors or to the park three blocks over. I would only let her go if she would take her little sister with her. Tada, no kids to interfere with my television watching.

I’m so lucky that none of the kids in my charge were kidnapped or worse. I would hate to have anyone like me watch children. *shudder*

I hope I’m a cautionary tale to parents out there…pay your ‘sitters well!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    I also used to babysit 5 of the most obnoxious kids ever, for a buck and hour. And no one would kidnap them. I think they had a reputation for terror in the neighborhood.

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Leana said…

    When you were talking about the kids I thought you were referring to me....the only thing worse than me as a babysitter, was me as a babysit-e

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Never. You were a perfect angel as a babysit-e. All 5 of you. Perfect angels.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home