Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Prelude to a Show

FADE IN:

INT. MALL, SOMEWHERE IN L.A. -- DAY

Leana Blog Reader: Hey, what are you doing tonight?

Non-Leana Blog Reader: Oh I don’t know. I thought I’d just hang out at home and alphabetize my CDs by genre, artist and kiss-ability. What are you doing?

LBR: I’m going to go see Leana do stand up at It’s a Grind, 15333 Culver Dr. in Irvine. She show starts at 8 p.m.

NLBR: Really? I’ve been meaning to see Leana do stand up. I hear she does poop jokes.

LBR: Where did you hear that?

NLBR: (pause)…somewhere.

LBR: You liar.

NLBR: Ok, I didn’t hear she does poop jokes, I just always imagined she did.

LBR: Well, you could be right. Why don’t you come with me? It’s always a good show. She books it with her comedy Buddy Devin Dugan. They have giveaways, awesome coffee and it’s always a packed house.

NLBR: Sounds like a plan. I can always wait to alphabetize my CDs. I only have three anyway.

LBR: Why do I hang out with you?

NLBR: ‘Cause I’m your mother.

(DRAMATIC MUSIC, THEN...)

FADE to BLACK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home