Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Leana in Chicago

I'm in Chicago on business. No really, I am. On business.

It's the most tiring work. I just stand around all day giving presentations on my company's software, but it really wears me out. I think it's 'cause I can't carry drugs on the plane...err, I mean, I can't exercise as much as I can.

Interesting things that have happened on my adventures thus far:

  • Lucked out and scored an exit seat on the flight out. Of course because of my curse to never, truly be happy I got stuck on the isle with a 400 lb Samoan guy who already had his shoes off by the time I sat down. I sat leaning over to my left the entire trip.
  • Realized my friend Matt, who lives in Chicago, is a complete and utter flake. I called him when I got into Chicago on Saturday and he STILL hasn’t called me back. I just know as soon as I land in L.A. he’ll call me pretending that he just got the message, or some sure crap. What really chaps my ass is that he’s been dating a girl in Huntington Beach and hasn’t even bothered once to call and say “hey Leana, I’m only one town over, maybe we could meet up.” He’s dead to me!!!
  • Walked up and down the Navy Pier half a dozen times and didn’t once stop for funnel cake. I think I’ll have to break that streak tomorrow.


That’s about it for now. I’m sure more will come up. But they will have to wait ‘til I get back home.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Ha ha ha! You got slimed by the BlogSpammer. He surfs just for blogs like yours. Aren't you super specia.
    Time to turn on the Word Verification.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Leana said…

    Done and done!

    Why do some people suck so much?

    I hope his computer gets a virus that travels to his genitals!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home