Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Another Epiphany? Really? Again?

I’ve noticed from this blog that I play much more poker than I do standup. Which, if I plan on making a career out of comedy, is a problem.

I have several gigs coming up in the next few weeks so I’ll get back into the swing of things. I have dry spells. If I were getting paid to do stand up I would be nervous; but as of today at 6 I still had a day job so I have enough money to keep me in beer and cigarettes another day.

But I must not lose sight of my goal, which is not poker. Poker is a distraction. Anything that keeps me unfocused on my comedy is a distraction and I must avoid it, or at least find a way to make everything work in tandem. Otherwise I could become my worst nightmare- a desk-jockey working for the weekend, hoping to win the lottery ‘til one day I just don’t wake up and they find my body three months later and have to do DNA tests to even confirm if I was female.. *shutter*

So these dry spells need to become fewer and fewer. I hope, with booking my own shows and working with comedy buddies, that I can build the momentum.

That’s the plan for tonight. Until the next poker game of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home