Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Remember the Alamo!

Every once in a while I have a gig that leaves me wondering, “Why the hell am I doing comedy?” These gigs do nothing for my self esteem or the little voice in the back of my head that screams “you should just give it all up, find some guy to marry and squeeze out a couple puppies.”

Thank gawd that gig was followed by one of my best at the Thrift Store last night.

The show was awesome. I taped it so I’m going to see if there is some way I can get it up on my website. Of course I probably won’t find an easy way so it will never happen.

I love the crowds at the Thrift Store. They are extremely good laughers. Many people don’t realize that you can be a bad laugher at a comedy show. Just an FYI, if you go to a comedy show in the future: the comedians can’t HEAR you smile when you think something is funny.

The greatest thing about the show was that I only did about four real jokes. The rest was total crowd work and they were totally into it.

So I’m going to keep this evening in my little jar and pull it out when I get another one of those gigs that make me doubt myself. Which will probably be tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home