Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sweet Caroline

Those of you who read my diary know that I LOVE Neil Diamond. I think he’s just the best. I love each and every one of his songs. I own the Jazz Singer on beta, so I can’t watch it, but just knowing I have it makes me all tingly.

I saw him in concert my junior year of college. When he sang America and a humongous American Flag unfurled behind him I cried like Jim Baker. It was a highlight of my life; until of course the fateful night I met Creepy Ron Jeremy and watched Sebastian Bach sing at the House of Blues.

So he’s coming to the Staples Center at the end of September and I’ve spent the last two weeks trying to win tickets on K-Earth 101. Today I got as close as I’ve ever gotten: caller 18. Of course I need to be caller 21, but I’m getting closer. Much closer.

Because as much as I love Neil, I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices posted on TicketMaster. They can suck my ass. Hear me TicketMaster? SUCK MY ASS.

55 to 95 Reasons TicketMaster can Suck My ASS:

UPPER CONCOURSE SEATING

US $55.00

PREMIER SEATING

US $95.00

LEVEL 200 SEATING

US $55.00 - US $95.00

LEVEL 100 SEATING

US $95.00

FLOOR SEATING

US $95.00

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Ooooh! Neil Diamond. "Song Sung Blue" and "Cracklin' Rosie" rank right up there with "America."
    Go Leana! I believe you can do it. Be caller 21.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home