Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Weiner Alert!

To everyone in Southern California within the sound of my Blog: get to the Kmart on Bellflower Blvd. right off the 405 as soon as you can. I repeat, get to Kmart NOW! Because now until 4 p.m. they are offering a hot dog and can of Pepsi with Lime for 50 cents!

This is not some terribly late April Fools Day joke, this is for real. I dropped by this morning to check out Jacquelyn Smith’s new summer line and saw the huge banner up out front. 50 cents! I asked the gentleman who was grilling the hot dogs if it was true; 50 cents for hot dog (bun included) and an ice cold can of Pepsi. He said it was true. I then asked what year it was; sure I had somehow been magically transported to 1950. He looked at me oddly and told me that it was indeed still 2005. I should have known because Pepsi with Lime hadn’t even been imagined 55 years ago.

Even though I was totally broke I was able to fish enough change out of my purse to get the meal. I think if I look through my sofa cushions I’ll be able to go back later to get seconds!

Hope to see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home