Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

You Know What You Can do with Your Street Smarts?

You know, I was rooting for Tana on this season’s Apprentice. She’s from Iowa and really seemed to have a good (for lack of a better phrase) head on her shoulders. But tonight she just totally turned me off. She was talking about how she didn’t go to college and how she had to learn everything on the streets*. She compared herself to her opponent Kendra and said she didn’t go to college and have everything handed to her.

Just an FYI Lady, going to college and having things handed to you do not go hand-in-hand. Nobody helped me pay for college; I still have monthly student loan payments to prove it. And there are plenty of people out there who could have had college paid for them, and they chose not to go.

What really turned me against Tana was that she claims she made the bigger sacrifice because she left her husband and two kids at home to try for the apprentice job, while Kendra left no one.

Well good for you Tana, how great that you can so easily abandon your family. That shows us all a lot. Unfortunately Kendra didn’t get knocked up, drop out of school and start selling make-up to support her lazy ass husband.**

* I don't know if you can really claim anywhere in Iowa as "the streets."
**I have no idea if any of that last sentence is true, but for dramatic effect that’s how I’m ending it. To quote a wise friend of mine, “Suck it, fucker.”

3 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    STREETS aka: dirt roads, train tracks, timber, the ol' sewer plant, corn fields, bean fields, the crick, rural route. The list is endless.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    And, actually, she's from UTAH! She just happened to have met and married a man from Iowa, who was nice enough to adopt her two children from her previous marriage! (And he's at home taking care of them while she's in N.Y. pursuing her dream!) Trust me, I was rooting for her, too, but on last night's show she really pissed me off!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Oh yeah, and here's her husband:
    http://www.theiowachannel.com/kcci/545247/detail.html

    (I guess the reason he spells his name "gertz" is because it's easier for viewers to pronounce without the "o".) I dunno.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home