Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

My Blog Comes True!

So a bunch of us were sitting at lunch yesterday talking about nothing in particular, and all the sudden, one of the guys says: “I haven’t seen my neighbor in three months and now it’s starting to smell outside his apartment.”

WWWWWhat??? Now this sentence smacks of an old blog entry I wrote about my neighbor. My neighbor eventually turned up so all is well, but this story sounded a bit more unsettling.

Apparently the dude is quite reclusive. He has lived in that apartment since 1976 and left explicit instructions with the landlord that he didn’t want to be bothered. So when my coworker talked to the landlord, the dude was all “not my problem, he’s paid up in advance.”

So everyone at the lunch table told our coworker that he needed to call the police.

Cut to today: the guy comes over to tell me that he did call the police, an officer came over and they did find the neighbor- DEAD!

According to the coroner, the guy had been dead at least three months. Apparently as soon as the officer got to the guy’s front door he said, “Yeah he’s probably dead.” The dude had changed his locks so the landlord couldn’t get in, and the cop had to break a window and crawl in. He made my co-worker go in with him and he saw the body! I couldn’t even imagine.

The sad thing is, this guy has no family, no next of kin and apparently my co-worker was the only neighbor in the whole entire complex who even took a moment to find out what had happened to him.


I would like to think that if I disappeared that someone would take a moment to at least find out if I’m still breathing. Just an FYI, I have a lot of cool stuff in my house. You don’t want to get my stuff if it smells like dead, rotting Leana, do you?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Hmmm. Dead rotting Leana. You have a good point. If you don't IM or email me at least once a week I'm filing a missing persons report. I suppose the same could be said on this end...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home