Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Shake Your Groove Thang

To say I’m not a big drinker is an understatement. I’m pretty sure I drank way more BEFORE I turned 21 than after. Interesting how that happens. During my visit to Chicago my friend Liz turned the big 28.

To celebrate, my friend Annie and I took her to a Tapas restaurant on Thursday night. I’m pretty sure it was the first of two pitchers of sangria that got me buzzed. And it didn’t stop there. After dinner we meet up with some old ISU chums. Well, actually they were members of Annie’s male fan club. That girl has more admirers than a young Jodie Foster.


Liz, Leana and Annie

There was a really good band playing, but the music was so loud I could feel my ears bleeding, which apparently many of the guys found sexy. I proceeded to drink whisky sours, beer and shots of Jameson (just ‘cause someone said I couldn’t) and make a fool of myself on the dance floor. I think Liz and Annie just sat back and thought “she must not get out much.” It’s so true.

Did you know the bars stay open ‘til 4 a.m. in Chicago? I do! Somehow I managed to avoid a hangover but Liz and I were pretty much wrecked for all of the next day. I don’t think I’ll be doing that again soon. Although tomorrow is Friday…

2 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOOOOH Leana, You will be doing it again ! in June baby!!!

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOOOOH Leana, You will be doing it again ! in June baby!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home