Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Making Out is Hard to Do

My apologies in advance for the super long post, but some things just can’t be summed up in two paragraphs.

At what age did it become non-ok to just make out with someone? No, I’m serious. Back in my glory days of college every weekend my girlfriends and I would get all prettied up and head across the street to the guys’ dorm and spend the evening dancing, drinking cheap beer and looking for cute boys to kiss.

It was almost a game in college: who could kiss the most boys. And I was quite good at the game, if I don’t say so myself. My junior year of college I made it a mission to try to kiss at least one boy from each fraternity on campus. Not an easy feat with 30 houses on campus (I believe ISU has the third larges Greek system in the country thank you very much.)

I think I got up to 18 by the time I graduated. I truly believe if I had started my quest freshman year I would have attained my goal. Alas I spent too much time dating just one specific frat guy or kissing more than one boy in the same fraternity, what a waste! It’s something I will have to live with the rest of my days.

It was all completely innocent, safe and in good fun. We weren’t doing anything wrong, we were just making out, nothing more. I never put myself in a situation where I’d have to worry for my safety, ‘cause my friends were in the same room. I never had to feel pressure that it was going to go any further than kissing, ‘cause my friends were in the same room. And if the guy called the next day it was cool, but if he didn’t, I didn’t take it personally and I didn’t feel bad about it.

It’s not the same today. Making out seems like it has to be fore-play for sex. It can’t just be making out for making outs sake. It can’t be just sucking face with a guy for a couple hours and then calling it a night.

Making out is a lost past-time as you get older. Unless I’m missing something and all my friends in their late 20s are making out like 18 year olds still. I miss kissing a guy and not having that anxiety that it can’t just be kissing, that it has to be so much more and all the pressure that goes on past kissing. I miss just sitting on a couch and having a guy hold my face in his hands and us being there like we’re the only two people that matter in the whole world.

What I’m getting at is that I really miss making out. I hope I was clear enough. Maybe I should work out some interpretive dance about it.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Word!!! It's like flirting. I have an current inability to flirt with the unknowns but my flirting is still strong with guys I know. And nowadays, if you flirt too much they think you're up for a night of "wham bam..." and all I wanted to do was flirt. I think it's cause when they get older, guys are less horny and more desparate to settle down. So they see anything remotely sexual as a sign to get it on, hoping to rope you into a "relationship" and subsequent marriage.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home