Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Radio Girl

Please tell me that someone out there heard me on the radio just now! C’mon, it was awesome. I was listening to 97.1 the FM talk station and Leo the Film Guy was talking about this weekend’s top 10 movies (how they know before Sunday is beyond me) and mentioned the Jimmy Fallon movie with Drew Barrymore. Then he asked if anyone knew the Cameron Crowe movie that had Jimmy Fallon in it. Of course I knew it was Almost Famous.

I called in and totally got through. I got to talk to Leo (who I think had a crush on me). I was actually on for quite a bit ‘cause he was asking me what was going on in the LBC and then he tried stumping me by asking what the name of the band was in the movie. After guessing Clearwater, Sweetwater and Freshwater, I finally remembered it; Stillwater. I’m not slow.

And the best thing about the phone call, I got a free DVD, House of Flying Daggers. Woohoo!

This was not my first time on the phone with Leo. I was actually on during a discussion of the movie Freddy vs. Jason (which I saw opening weekend with my buddy Hugh and 100 kids under 10.) I was able to wow him with my knowledge of both movie franchises and give a pretty good review of FvsJ.

Best thing about that phone call, I got a free DVD, National Lampoon’s Vacation.

Leo the Film guy has single-handedly doubled my DVD collection. Thanks Leo.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Woo Hoo!!!! I loved "House of Flying Daggers."
    Awesome.
    Alas, I didn't hear you as I don't really listen to talk radio (NPR excluded) but I was imagining it in my head as you recapped and I think I got a pretty good idea of how the conversation went.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home