Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I Totally Broke My Parole

Please don’t be mad that I haven’t written in so long. I have a good excuse, several excuses actually. More than one!

I self-diagnosed myself with strep throat Thursday night, getting a second and third opinion via the telephone from both my Aunt Carol and my friend Liz in Chicago. While neither of them are doctors they do know what “puss filled packets on the back of the throat” mean. Oh yeah!

My “real” doctor concurred and on Friday morning called in a prescription over the phone. I’ve decided that my doctor is either A) really efficient or B) really lazy. But it saved me the $5 co-pay so I was happy.

On Saturday morning I caught a flight to Washington DC via Jet Blue airlines. It was officially the WORST landing in the history of landings. There was turbulence for what seemed like the last hour of the flight. Upon arrive I heard of three separate instances of puking. Luckily not near me.

So I’m in DC working a tradeshow. My co-worker Tala and I were able to get in a marathon sightseeing tour. We visited the Air and Space Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam War Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial and the White House, in that order, and in less than three hours.

I also got in a marathon shopping trip and what might be my greatest find, a knock-off Kate Spade bag for $25. Giddy up!

I’ll be returning on Friday, until then I’ll pretty much be working the tradeshow and soaking my poor, tired feet…and maybe getting in a bit more shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home