Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Are You Shitting Me?

Twenty dollars for a tank of gas? Twenty dollars? WTF???? What was the point of going over and kickin' ass in Iraq if we weren't going to at least have cheap gas? And it's not like I'm even going to do anything fun with this tank of gas, like drive to Vegas or go down the PCH with the wind whipping through my long, luxurious red locks. I'm going to waste it going to and from work, maybe drive to the store, but probably not. That's definitely not worth twenty bucks.

What makes me even more annoyed was that it wasn’t Twenty bucks on the nose. It was $19.48. But I had put in a twenty dollar bill at the outside pay thingy. So if I wanted to retrieve the fifty-two cents I had coming to me, I’d have to go all the way inside, wait in a line of 5 people and have to get that look of annoyance at the dude behind the register and the 9 people behind me for coming in to get fifty-two cents. I know I would have been annoyed if I were behind me. So even though they tell you not to overfill your tank, I did. This is probably going to cause vapor lock or some other kind of horrible malfunction with my car. Just great. USA, USA, USA.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Maybe you should ride your bike to work. I was thinking I should start walking to work and home. It's only, like, 10 miles away or something. Think of all the weight I'd lose. Sure, I'd wear all teh skin off my feet and probably be hit by a car, but I'd have awesome legs.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Leana said…

    Where is this bike you speak of? I havevn't owned a bike since I was 12.

    Even if I had a bike I would be afraid to ride it around my neighborhood. People here (including me) drive like nut cases.

    And there is no way you could ride your bike to Pasadena. Unless it was turbo charged, and even then I wouldn't want to ride a turbo-charged bike on the freeway.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home