Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Six Degrees of the Starlet

I was flipping through my 842 channels tonight and came upon The Starlet. It’s some weak-ass reality show where ten wanna-be actresses duke it out for a WB contract. Somehow they got Faye Dunaway to take part in it, which just goes to show that there is always a price. I know what my price is (an extra value meal at MickyDs) but I’m sure Faye’s was a bit higher.

But that’s not even the point of my entry tonight. The point is that I know one of the actresses on the show! She was in my Judy Carter stand-up class with me. Her name is Andie and when I knew her she was going to a junior college playing basketball. I’d almost want to watch the show again except Andie was kicked off tonight.

I’m sure the longer I’m in the “biz” the more I’ll see people I know. Hopefully soon it will be someone else from my Judy Carter class seeing ME on TV and mentioning it in their blog. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home