Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I Can Never Be Happy

I’m so annoyed. 97.1, the LA talk station I listen to religiously, has cancelled All- Comedy Radio on me.

All-Comedy Radio is a show that would run every Friday and Saturday night, replaying comedy bits and interviewing comedians and those in the ‘know.’ It’s always good for a listen after I’ve come stumbling home from the..er..library on a Friday night.

In its place they’ve decided to have a couple sluts turned intellectuals talk about the events of the day. Yeah, ‘cause I want to know what Playboy’s Miss March 1997 thinks about the war in Iraq or the Michael Jackson trial. I’d almost rather listen to those pansies John and Jeff, who basically regurgitate what they heard on Tom Leykis the day before. Wow, say boobs one more time. You guys are soooo cutting edge.

My only hope is that All-Comedy Radio finds a new home. I e-mailed the big guy there, Michael O-Shea, and he actually wrote me back saying they are looking for another station and are even planning on streaming audio on the web. So all is not lost.

So enjoy your silicon-stuffed, over-the-hill bunnies 97.1, I’ll be taking my business elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home