Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Year's Worth of Tail-Wagging Fun...

Ok I need help. No, no, not THAT kind of help, I need help deciding if I should purchase the latest release from the Danbury Mint- The Dachshund calendar! It’s a perpetual calendar display with twelve 2½ inch tall weiner dogs each dressed up for a month of the year. It’s the cutest thing EVER. But I just don’t know.

Each month is $17.00. This is a pretty big investment. It’s not like I can just start and after I get my July weiner dog in the little Uncle Sam Top hat and drum that I can just say “no more.” I’ll have to buy all of them!

Also, is it weird for a woman under the age of 80 to order anything from the Danbury Mint?

And will it just end up being another thing I end up having to dust? Not that I dust, but if I did dust, it would be another thing I’d have to dust.

Plus would it freak out the dudes I bring back to Leana’s Love Shack? I guess if my Millennial Bear collection and shrine to Johnny Rivers doesn’t make them leave screaming, nothing will.

The ad claims that these dogs are “dog-gone charming!” They certainly look that way. But like I said, I just don’t know.

So I’ll leave it up to the readers of my blog. If you could leave me a comment and help me make a decision I’d appreciate it. Don’t worry; you don’t have to sign up for a blog to register. (Julie you can only vote once.)
Thank you for your support.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    USE THE MONEY FOR GOOD, NOT EVIL.
    IE--JULIE'S BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP.
    okay, really, do you NEED it? Because there is far too much stuff in your place now. Okay, I hope this vote did it's duty.

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, they are SOOOO cute. You should totally get them!

     
  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It seems like a waste of money, but it's up to you. I can think of a bunch of things to spend 17 bucks on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home