Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Gobble Gobble

I can’t remember ever being so excited for a holiday. I’m as giddy as a crack whore on the first of the month.

It’s like the feeling I get on Fridays at 6:07 pm when I’m driving down Long Beach Blvd. with the whole weekend ahead of me- only double that ‘cause I have four days off instead of two. Exactly double, I counted.

It’s already after 10:30 pm and I’m still awake, I’m not even contemplating going to bed, ‘cause I don’t have to. I can stay up as late as I want WITHOUT consequences. No consequences. The sad part is that I’ll probably be in bed by 11.

I’ve got big plans for the extended weekend, big plans. And they all revolve around food. Oh yeah. Tomorrow I’ll be spending all day with my wonderful cousins and fabulous aunt, eating my weight in turkey without being judged…’cause they’ll be eating right along with me. We’ll probably eat about 45,000 calories combined. I, of course, am making my world-famous green bean casserole. Don’t tell anyone, but the secret is fried onions.

And luckily for me, my beau reads my web log and is taking me away for the weekend. Yippeeeee…. We don’t know where we’re going or when we’re leaving or when we’ll be back, but there will be a freeway and convenience store quality beef jerky involved.

I wish all my readers a happy and safe Thanksgiving, and I hope you’ll all be celebrating with people you care about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home