Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

The Eternal Question

I need a coat I’ve decided. I can’t make it through another harsh California winter without one. I have the ski jacket (that has been tested to withstand temperatures well-below freezing) my grandparents bought me when I was a freshman in college, but it’s almost too much coat. It’s like putting a full-body cast on a paper cut…overkill. I need something in between my barely-warm blue hoodie and the stay-puff marshmallow coat.

So as I was perusing my weekly Chadwick’s catalog, I found a cute wool pea coat on page 33. It’s $70, but since I’m a preferred Chadwick’s customer (I don’t mean to brag) I have a coupon for $20 off. So $50 isn’t bad for a coat. I’m just a bit nervous buying it on line as I HATE returning things in general, but returning catalog items is even more of a nightmare.

Then comes the question of color. Which color do I choose? My first reaction was pink 'cause I'm going through my pink phase. But I fear that since it is a phase I will grow out of it, then be stuck with a pink coat. Then I thought black, but that's too boring. So then I thought Lavender of course, being that purple is my signature color (and represents sexual frustration, or so I was told in the elevator one day). But blue did become my new purple this past spring, which is of course before I started my affair with the color pink making it my new blue, which had formerly been my new purple.

So do I go with the flavor or the month, pink? Or do I go back to purple? Or do I consider blue, seeing as it is more of a classic color, while at the same time, not being as obvious as black? Or do I just layer my clothes all winter and hunker down ‘til spring?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home