Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, October 01, 2004

Life, it is So Fragile

Do you ever have one moment that is so etched into your soul that you know you will remember it tell the end of time? I had one of those moments. Tonight at 6:55 pm my cell phone rang. I answered it, and it went dead. I tried calling back the person who called me and I got a “call failed message.” I tried again, and again, and still nothing. I thought the number was wrong so I dialed again. Call failed. Out of frustration I dialed my land line number. Call failed. I started randomly dialing numbers, failed, failed, FAILED.

After 20 minutes on hold with Cingular (from my land line, which doesn’t have long distance set up by the way), my friendly, yet obviously congested, operator Trevor spoke, “all the Cingular towers around LA are down ‘til morning.” NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

So here I am surrounded by all my technology, my computer, my television, my neon blue Pabst Blue Ribbon Sign, and I can’t make a long distance phone call. What if there were an emergency? Well I could use my land line, but what if my emergency were in Iowa, huh? How could my mom get hold of me….oh wait..nevermind.

At least Trevor said I will be reimbursed for my lost time. That $1.16 is small consolation for the pain I’ve had to endure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home