Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Leana’s Odyssey

I managed to get lost twice this weekend. Getting lost in LA is not that difficult to do, especially when my trusty Thomas Guide is sitting in my back car window just out of reach. Plus, I’m not good with the “go north when you get to Wilshire” I’m better with, “turn right at the IHOP.”

I spent nearly an hour trying to find my way to the 405 freeway from my friend Renee’s place. I think I had started going the wrong way then thought “maybe this is wrong,” so I turned around then found myself at the Ocean. “Well, that can’t be right,” So I turned back around. UGH! Usually doing the opposite of what I think I should do works out for me, but not this time.

Today I turned the wrong way off the 10 freeway at Fairfax on my way to meet my cousins at the Grove in Hollywood. I ended up at the airport. Yeah, the airport. Just great. I got back on the freeway and retraced my steps, turning the right way on Fairfax and getting my fill of Hollywood traffic for the next decade. I hate Hollywood traffic.

I either need to spend more time up in Los Angeles or never go there again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home