Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

From My Death Bed

I can’t decide whether I’m sick or not. After my most recent sneezing attack a girl in my office asked if I was sick. I paused for a moment and thought, “am I?” I honestly don’t know. I could just be tired, burned out from work, bored-or all three. I might also have allergies stirred up by the Santa Ana’s that are blowing like crazy today. I’ve never had allergies before, but that’s no reason to discount the theory.

So I decided to hedge my bets. I bought OJ, jell-o cups and some Kleenex. Then I went home and slept ‘til 8:30 tonight missing the first part of Last Comic Standing. They had Carrot Top and Louie Anderson performing. I was like “WTF, am I dreaming this?” But I hadn’t taken my Tylenol Allergy and Sinus stuff, so I knew that wasn’t it. Plus I’d like to think if I had a dream like that, Louie and The Top wouldn’t be my comics of choice. It would probably be Bobcat Goldthwait and Judy Tenuta.

I don’t think LCS is doing very well, I was able to cast my votes for the incomparable Dave Mordal from my cell phone and home phone on my first tries -unheard of for Seasons 1 and 2. I only wish we could vote off Jay Mohr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home