Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Extreme-ly Awesome TV

I just watched the most magical 2 hours of television. The season premiere of Extreme Makeover! It was ever better than last season when they had the two makeover cases fall in love and get married, which was so awesome. Just when I thought it couldn’t possibly get any better, it went ahead and did! They had sisters with cleft pallets and the doctors totally recreated their lips, teeth and noses. Modern medical technology astounds me daily and I just added another $3 to my lipo jar.

But that wasn’t even the best, best part of the show tonight. The best part was the cheesy voice-over guy who usually says something that’s supposed to evoke tears or drama. But this one line just made me laugh for a good 10 minutes. He was talking about the other case of the night, an angry guy who used to get picked on ‘cause of his nose. He had grown to be pretty bitter and treated his wife like crap, ‘til one morning he had an epiphany and realized what a dick he’d been. Then…the voice-over, “if regret had an address…. it was Tim's house.” BAWWWWWWHHHH That’s the Best-Line-EVER, just the best. I hope I can use that line sometime in the future. Actually, I’m going to attempt to work it into normal conversation tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home