Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Successful in Spite of Myself

My comedy buddy Devin has booked us for shows every Saturday in January. Without him I would have nothing brewing in the comedy pot come the New Year, unless you count the improv I do everyday at work, which I do not as there is no two-drink minimum in the marketing department.

One of the new girls in the office said she wanted to come see my next show. She was talking to one of the developers on the third floor and he said “wouldn’t it be sad if Leana wasn’t funny on stage.”

Say it with me ladies and gentlemen, “WTF???” What’s that supposed to mean? The chick claims it’s that it would be sad ‘cause I’m funny all day at work, and it would just be sad if I got up on stage and started talking about ‘the deal with belly button lint’ or ‘what is up with traffic?’ I’m assuming it was some backhanded compliment, but I slashed their tires in the parking lot afterwards so they knew I meant business.

PS: Don’t look in my upcoming gigs section just yet for the January shows. I’m having some issues with Dreamweaver. Let’s blame the oily ghost of the Skeezy Skank Hole ™

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home