Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Leana’s Weekend Wrap Up

This past weekend officially lasted until 8 a.m. this morning when I forced myself out of bed. I waited as long as physically possible to get up, I didn’t want the weekend to end that much. Here’s my wrap up of the weekend that was…

Walked 8 miles. What was I thinking signing up for a marathon? It’s not that I had trouble walking it, but it was so freakin’ boring. It was four miles down the beach at Bolsa Chica and back. The walk down was fine, but turning around and having to do the same walk back bored me to tears. I just keep reminding myself that on race day, I won’t be walking in a straight line back and forth.

Colored my hair. Yes, it’s true, I’m not a real red head.

Returned a bunch of crap to Target. I’m paring down before the big, condo redesign.

Hung out with Boyfriend. Gawd, he’s the most awesome person ever.

Turned over the cat. Yes, my time with Miss Willow came to an end. Cousin Julie came by to pick her up and now she is nothing but a furry memory. When I get a little melancholy, I need only look under the bed at all the hair she left or stare at the holes in the carpet by the door where she tried digging for China and I remember. I remember that I don’t ever want a cat.

Talked to my grandmother. I try to call at least once every two weeks. She asked me if I wanted the wedding quilt she made ages ago for all the grand kids. She’s already been able to pass them along to my brother and cousin Brandi at their weddings, but she hasn’t been able to get me mine…you know, since I’m not MARRIED AND 31 AND DID YOU KNOW THAT BY THE TIME SHE WAS MY AGE SHE HAD ALREADY HAD THREE BABIES AND SHE AND GRANDPA AREN’T GETTING ANY YOUNGER AND SHE’D REALLY LIKE TO SEE ME SETTLE DOWN. Seriously, it turned from a pleasant phone call to a full-on, all expenses paid guilt trip in 2.5 seconds.

Pulled out the summer clothes. It was 90 degrees on Sunday. It’s March. Global Warming in action.


Pre-ordered the final Harry Potter book. I am too old (see above) to wait in line and I don’t want to worry about it being sold out that weekend. And I don’t care if it’s 1,000 pages, I’ll have it done by the end of the weekend. Guaranteed.




Went to the movies. Saw Black Snake Moan. Wow, disappointing, yet unintentionally hilarious. And boy does my laugh carry in a theatre that only contains 7 people.

Hung out with Boyfriend again. Two nights in a row! Did I mention he’s awesome? He’s the reason I had to force myself out of bed at 8 this morning. Everyone should be so lucky as to have an Ethan in their life. I am.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home