Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Adoring Fans

Frustrated Rant Alert! Beware.

Each and every time I send out an e-mail, or post up a flyer for a show I’m in, I get one of two questions, “Why don’t you ever have a show on (fill in the day that’s not the day of the show I’m hustling) night?” Or, “Why don’t you ever do shows (insert location near their home)?”

It’s not that I’m intentionally NOT doing a show when they are available or near where they live, it’s just that I don’t have access to their BlackBerry, social calendar or home address. Oh, and also, I don’t give a shit!

These are the same people who wouldn’t even get off their living room sofa if I were to set up my mike and amp in their kitchen. These will also be the people who won’t bother to pick up the remote when I’m on Letterman, or Comedy Central or Court TV!

I’d rather they just say “Awe, I can’t make it that night, but please let me know when you have another show.” Or even just lie to me “I’m not allowed in establishments that server alcohol” Or how about just say nothing at all. Yeah, that works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home