Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jolly Time My Ass

Today I was the asshole in the office who burned a bag of popcorn in the microwave. Luckily I'm also the jerk in the office who usually mocks the asshole in the office who burns the bag of popcorn in the microwave. So I didn't get much grief for it.

It's not completely my fault though. The $12 microwave we have in the kitchen is completely unintuitive. There's no easy way to punch in the time you want and turn it on. There's even a very specific series of numbers that must be punched to even get the fuckin' door to open.

And the stupid button that is already pre-set for popcorn apparently thinks that it only take 36 seconds to pop an entire bag of popcorn.

I also believe there was something defective about my bag of popcorn. It was still popping quite a bit when the smoke started billowing out.


But it really didn't taste all that bad. So happy ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home