Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Wrong Turn in Long Island

Last night I had a gathering of friends to help me celebrate the first anniversary of my 30th birthday. I was overwhelmed at the turn out. I have some pretty awesome friends.

35 people RSVP, so I assumed that, in Los Angeles, you can automatically cut that in half with the flake factor. Then, with the rain, I figured I could cut even that number in half. By 10 pm we had to be moved into a side room to fit all the guests. Even then we were borrowing chairs from other tables and requesting extra chairs.

I felt bad for the long table next to us that only had four people sitting at it. Ha, ha, losers without enough friends to fill a table!

Those who didn’t bring gifts were nice enough to buy me drinks. I am not sure if it was the ‘blowjob’ Miss Sherbet, from the office, bought me, or the two Long Island ice teas purchased for me by Bob and Marybeth, my comedy friends, that fucked me up- but towards the end of the night things got blurry. But I didn’t do anything too embarrassing. Well, at least I haven’t gotten any e-mails or phone calls.

This party made turning 31 not suck as much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home