Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Leana and the Amazingly Big-Ass Dreamcoat

My freshman year of high school my grandma took me to the mall to buy a winter coat. I ended up getting one of those ski jackets that are good up to about 100 degrees below zero. And grandma, being the thrifty lady she is, wanted me to get the coat a couple sizes larger- so I could ‘grow into it.’

I would have had to have existed on a diet of Big Macs and milk shakes every day since then to ever grow into the coat she bought me. It’s a 2X. Today it still hangs down to about my knees. It has it’s own post office. It’s that big.

But tonight I am extremely glad to have it. It’s been so cold the last few days, and my stupid furnace is busted, so it’s just me and the coat against the elements. I feel like Laura Ingalls on the prairie as I sit here on the sofa, typing on my laptop.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home