Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Leana’s Weekend Wrap Up


Friday:


Worked.
Appealed to anyone in the office who would listen about the necessity of an early bus back from Vegas next weekend. You don’t want to leave Vegas in the late afternoon on a Sunday ’cause that’s when all the dumb asses decide to get on the road. It turns a 5 hour trip into 10 hours. Oh, and did I mention I’M TAKING A BUS TO VEGAS!!! No complaining, ‘cause the whole trip is free…just saying….

Met with Trainer
. He’s really the devil. As I mentioned before, I have no upper body strength, but that doesn’t seem to deter him from forcing me to use all sorts of medieval gym equipment and make me cry. But if it’s going to make me a hot 30 year old, I’ll take it.

Met with new comedy writing group.
Great guys, funny writers and very supportive. Already created a couple brilliant bits from it. Please ask me what I think we should do about pedophiles. It’s hilarious. I swear.

Saturday:


Froze my ass off
. It’s about 35 degrees here in beautiful, sunny California.


Flexed the handyman-side of me
. Fucking pilot light went out on my heater again. Great on the coldest day in reported history of the world. Called my dad and he was able to walk me through lighting it again. I’m so proud of myself. Although I’ve since come to find out that there is something seriously wrong with my heater ‘cause the pilot light keeps going out. I’m sure it’s something that will cost me a LOT of money.


Spent the entire evening with THE greatest guy
. I told him that I like him so much I wish I could clone him and have a three-way. I think that creeped him out. Maybe I shouldn’t say everything I think.


Sunday:


Stole the Sunday paper.
Well, didn’t really steal it, the LA Times has been delivering to the apartment three doors down. Nobody has lived there for months. I’m just picking up liter.


Caught up on three weeks worth of television.
My Name is Earl, Scrubs, SNL, Ghost Whisperer and Medium, to name them ALL. What else can you do when it’s freakin’ freezing outside?


Worked out at the gym.
Had to cut it short when some douchbag, who smelled like he bathed in a tub of Drakkar Noir, decided to get on the elliptical next to me. The smell almost made me gag. Ewww, the smell is still in my nose.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home