Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Lamest Post, Evvvvver

I found out this afternoon that there is a whole world of glasses that I can not wear. A whole style of glasses that I will never be able to experience. A whole door of glasses, closed to me. Life, it is so unfair!

I spent an hour picking out frames at the optometrist today. I choose the plastic ones that didn’t have the frames all the way around the glasses, just at the top. I was trying to do a complete 180 from my current pair. I wanted to get the glasses that didn’t scream, “Hey look, I wear glasses.” Instead I wanted glasses that said “yeah, hey I guess I do wear glasses, you just didn’t notice because you were so enraptured by my beauty.”

Unfortunately, because I have a stigmatism that only one in one gazillion people have, I’m stuck with needing frames that can hold the massive lenses. I ended up getting another pair that was a lot like the ones I currently have, but whatever, they are just glasses I suppose.

I asked the doctor about the Lasik surgery and he laughed at me. He’s all like “not a snowball’s chance, you have that stigmatism only one in one gazillion people have, it wouldn’t work.”That’s just great. The one thing that makes me different than every other person in the world is something that nobody else can see…unless they look at my glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home