Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vacation

I just returned from four days on Lake Mohave with Boyfriend, Boyfriend’s family and tons of their friends. They’d rented several houseboats which they tied up in a large cove that had a nice, long beach.

It’s been more than 20 years since I’d been camping/boating/peeing in large bodies of water. I went four days without bathing! I’ve never gone four days without bathing.


And I wore a swimsuit. And shorts. And tank tops.


Even though I was on vacation, I was awake by 7 every morning. We had cocktail hour every night. But time didn’t exist on the river, ‘cause it didn’t matter. We didn’t have to be anywhere at a specific time, but if you wanted to ski you had to be out pretty early to get the water when it was calm.


I didn’t ski.


And even though I spent the days swimming, reading, napping and generally laying around, the time went super-fast. It was an actual, proper vacation. If I were at home I would have spent the four days cleaning, or futzing around my condo- and worried that I wasn’t taking advantage of the time I had off.


I had a great time, but I was very glad to get back to my own bed and my own shower. I’ve taken three showers since I got home at 10:30 last night.


And I didn’t get sunburned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home