Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independance Day!

I'm celebrating my independence by doing laundry and cleaning up my kick-ass bachelorette pad. I guess I’m a slave to cleaning.

Last night Cousin Stephanie and I met up at Curley's in Signal Hill to see a banjo and sousaphone band. Yes, I said banjo and sousaphone. We’d actually seen them before a couple years ago and apparently Cousin Stephanie has been following them around ever since…from coffee shop to diner- like the Grateful Dead.


They played a lot of patriotic songs- all from long before my grandparents were born. The median age of the audience was 75- before Stephanie and I showed up to mess up the curve.

They serve food. Stephanie had eggs and I had a sundae. Apparently Stephanie also had butter stew-served in an English muffin container- check it out.
I highly recommend seeing this band. They'll be back on the 11th! Stay away from the butter stew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home