Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stay Away Ghost of Coffee Future!

I think I may have had the best mocha latte of my young life. It was at the Coffee Bean, it was this morning and it was in the presence of a woman wearing her sweater inside-out.

The woman was probably in her mid forties- very well put together- meaning, she put way more time in her hair and makeup that morning than I. Not that I didn’t spend minutes deciding which hair clip to use to hold my greasy hair back, but this woman obviously cared about how she looked. She was carrying a Dooney and Bourke clutch and wore more diamonds than a deck of Devin Dugan’s nudey cards.


And that’s the reason I didn’t bother telling her that her sweater was on inside out. I would have felt bad for her. I didn’t want that awkwardness that would come right after tapping her on the shoulder and gesturing toward her designer label-sticking straight up. Plus, was it really my place to point it out? And maybe that’s how it’s warn now in the older set. Maybe it’s the latest fad at the bridge club. And it was a size small; maybe she was just proud to be wearing a small. Maybe she used to be morbidly obese. But then I’d think she’d have her pants inside out too, right?


Who am I fooling? I didn’t tell her ‘cause I thought it was funny. I hope nobody told her today. I hope she didn’t discover it ‘til she finally pulled it off tonight. Then she can sit in her humiliation chair she keeps next to her bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home