Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Gifts that Keep on Giving

I can’t help but feel a bit bummed out this Valentine’s Day. I’m all by myself. My Valentine and I hung out last night ‘cause he was going to be busy tonight…with his wife! Just joking…hilarious. He’s with his son and I am with my cat- which isn’t really my cat, it’s Cousin Julie’s. We did have a wonderful Valentine’s Day Eve though: one which will be recalled for years to come (by my downstairs neighbor at least.)

Being alone has gotten me reminiscing about Valentine’s Days past. One of my favorite holiday gifts was given to me by a gentleman I know still reads my blog. He got me a gold, heart shaped necklace with my initial on it. Not the L for Leana but the B for Benson. He had my last initial put on the heart. Basically, to me, he was saying “Benson is always going to be your last name, it’s never going to be mine. And less you forget it, I’ve had it engraved in gold.” It’s the greatest gift ‘cause it’s become the cornerstone to a ton of my greatest bits I tell on stage to this day.

My worst Valentine’s Day gift was from my beau last year. He got me an electric screw driver and a cup holder for my car. Romance died that day. ‘Nuff said.

This year allowed me to add even more comedy gold to the arsenal. Sorry
Ethan, you’ve made it into the act! ‘Cause you know how I found out I wasn’t getting flowers from my Valentine today? When I was walking him out to his car this morning we saw a guy delivering flowers and he turns and says to me “You don’t like flowers, do you?” You can’t write that shit.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "He got me a gold, heart shaped necklace with my initial on it."

    Hey, that wasn't me, was it? I don't think I ever got you a gift that nice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home