Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Me in the Middle

This weekend Neighbor to the North was putting the finishing touches on the repelling rock wall he’s apparently putting up in his bedroom. I could hear him and his equally creepy brother talking and hammering and clearing two years’ worth of phlegm out of their throats. At least they waited ‘til 7 a.m. both days to start. That was considerate of them.

I never hear Neighbors to the South, and they have a brand-new baby. Like just out of the oven, fresh baby. I think it still has the tags on it. I have not heard that baby cry once, yet I’ve heard my other neighbor dropping (what sounds like) his marble collection into a tin can at three in the morning.

Last night as I was singing Stairway to Heaven in the shower- complete with new lyrics featuring my cat roommate Willow- I realized that if I could hear Lotion-in-the Basket guy in his place, there was a good chance he could hear me vocally raping Led Zeppelin songs.

So I sang louder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home