Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say

I had been doing so well with the updating of the blog. But as of late, I haven't really had anything worthy of putting fingers to keyboard. I've had a couple "oh, I should write about this" moments, but when I finally got to my computer I realized "umm, not so much interesting to anyone but me." And you might not be able to tell from previous blogs, but I actually take that into consideration.

But, in the interest of not being an absentee- blogger, here's a couple of my latest random moments that may not necessitate an entire blog:

  • Still doing the Team in Training fundraising. Please donate some money so my webpage doesn’t look as lame. I think I’m going to start spotlighting those that have donated, perhaps giving them each their own blog entry and telling them how wonderful they are. Yes…I think I will.

  • Got my taxes done. Home ownership RULES! I was wondering when I’d be able to see the fruits of my painful labor, and finally, four years in, I’m seeing them. And they look like Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. Cha-ching!
  • My boyfriend is still awesome. I’m extremely happy to have him in my life, and even happier that I'm in a place where I can appreciate a great guy like him. The 2002 version of Leana would have been a total See You Next Tuesday to him and inevitably driven him away. I guess turning 30 changes a gal. (I could actually devote entire blogs to Ethan, but I don’t want to creep him out.)
  • My roommate is way too needy. I was home sick from work two weeks ago and she took it as time for us to bond, 'cause she doesn't have a job the lazy cow. It was not time to bond, it was time for me to sit and be sick. She needs to get out and meet people. Too bad she's a cat.
  • Bought a new amp! I now have everything I need in the trunk of my car to put together a spontaneous stand-up show. I wonder what kind of market there’d be for a "mobile comedy show?" I’d probably end up having to show a boob or something to make any real money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home