Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sofakingcold

My wall heater is broken. And before you ask, no, it’s not just the pilot light going out like last time- this time I think it’s really busted.

And it couldn’t have happened on a colder weekend. I’m freezing my ass off right now. I can totally understand what those Pilgrims went through when they landed at that place a long time ago.

Of course it was raining last night; cold, wet and freakin’ loud. I finally had to crawl out of bed at 3 am and pass out on the living room sofa just to get away from the metallic ‘drip, drip, drip’ of the rain hitting my downstairs’ neighbor Jose’s stupid grill. Note to self, Kill Jose.

I called my friend Liz in Chicago to get some sympathy this morning, but got none. “Gee you’re in California, how could can it get?” Let me tell you sister, pretty FUCKIN’ cold.

So I got my oven going in hopes of generating a little heat. I’ve also donned about 3 layers of clothing. I actually think it’s warmer outside than it is in my converted lunch cooler of a house.

But at least I’m fighting off the cold. That’s the icing on my coffin.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. I’m going to stick my head in the stove. (For warmth, not for suicide. That’s what the pills are for silly.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home