Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bosom Buddies

I was lunching with Cousin Stephanie today and we were discussing my current charge, Willow the Cat. I’m responsible for her until Cousin Julie returns from India.

But I’ve been a little disenchanted with my first experience as an adult pet owner. The cat has been hiding under my bed since she appeared nearly three weeks ago. I only see her when she makes a ruckus in the middle of the night and I catch a glimpse of her through blurry eyes.

While speaking with Cousin Stephanie I was finally able to articulate how I was feeling. This cat is like a dead beat roommate! Seriously, it’s like the person who lives with you, but doesn’t pay rent, lays around all day and expects me to pick up her shit. LITERALLY! I’m constantly scooping, pouring food into a bowl and picking up pounds of cat hair.

And I’m not getting any of the benefits. No snuggling, no purring no cat kisses. Wait, maybe it’s more like being in a loveless marriage.

I must work on my analogies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home