Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ghost Cat

Cousin Julie warned me about the cat. She said for at least the first three weeks I would probably never see the cat, as she’ll remain hidden under the bed. And when she did finally come out, she probably wouldn’t let me pet her or look her in the eyes.

I was like, “am I going to be cat sitting for you, or babysitting Jennifer Lopez?”


True to form, I have probably seen the cat three times since I got her nearly two weeks ago. I saw her more before she discovered the depths of my awesome wall-to-wall closet. The only way one would even know there was a cat in my house is by seeing the litter box, the continually emptying cat dish and the torrents of fur she leaves throughout the house.

Seriously, last night I got home and there was a circular area of fur in the middle of the living room. It looked like the cat had actually exploded, and all was left was a crop circle of hair.

Oh, that and when she decides to run around like a cracked out teenager at three in the morning. That’s when she usually does her grooming and eating and, I believe, planning my murder. Of course when I wake up and look around she immediately dives for the closet.

SO I have a plan: tonight, I wait up. When she least expects it, I’ll pounce. Then I’ll give her the petting of her life! She’ll have to love me then.


I better make a pot of coffee, it’s going to be a long night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home