Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Let the Grazing Begin

It’s the Christmas season. That means only one thing at my office-the cavalcade of chocolate has begun.

Our vendors, partners and friends of the company will spend this month inflicting all kinds of candy confections upon us. Just today the association for records managers, with whom we dump tons of money into, sent us several boxes of Ghirardelli chocolate and our printer dropped off THREE freakin’ pounds of See’s candies.


But I did not partake. I was able to abstain from it all. My will was strong today and I feel like I’ve won a great victory.

However, it’s only the 7th of December. I’m not sure how long I can keep up the good fight. I know that if I eat even one piece of chocolate it will be the end of me. I have no self control, especially where chocolate is concerned. Chocolate and me have a checkered past, to say the least.

But I will try. That’s all I can do. That or take the next three weeks off work.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    Good for you! You can do it. Just give yourself one chocolate for Christmas. Then you'll be skinnier than me. I've been here less than a week but I'd thought I'd get deathly ill by now. No go. Just getting fat on delicious Indian food.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home