Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tales from Venice Blvd.

Ring Ring, Ring Ring.

Leana: Yello!

Friend: Hey Leana, wanna go walk around by the construction site and tempt the hard working construction workers?

Leana: No-can-do Friend, I’m just getting reading to walk down the street to the 99cent Store.

Friend: The 99cent store? Walk? You live close enough to a 99cent store that you can actually walk?

Leana: Yep, It’s just about five blocks down and one over. I can get there and back in 15 minutes…if you don’t count the 2 hours I spend searching for the treasures that are buried deep within the isles of the 99cent store.

Friend: Gawd, you are so lucky. I have to get into my car and drive nearly a mile to my nearest 99cent store.

Leana: I pity you.

Friend: I pity me too.

Leana: Well off to the 99cent store. I’m feeling saucy; I think I’ll break a five.

Click

2 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    I thought you managed to purge yourself of most the "treasures" you've bought at the 99cent Store with the move? Why start up that habit again? Especially when so many construction workers are waiting.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Leana said…

    Well, by "treasures" i mean a new toilet plunger and a bag of tootsie rolls. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home