Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Friday, August 04, 2006

I’m finally moving!

On Saturday we’re loading up the truck and moving up north! What a long, strange trip it’s been. And it’s not quite over - not until the buyers sign on the dotted line. (Knock on wood and keep fingers crossed and sprinkle holy water.)

But we’re moving anyway. Hopefully I won’t be paying rent on the new place AND a mortgage on an empty condo.

I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. (Check out what time I’m posting this.) I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border…oh wait, I’m quoting Morgan Freeman from Shawshank Redemption. But I totally feel that way….no not like an old, black man jumpin’ parole, but I do feel like I’m starting a new journey.


The move is just the first step. I’ve been talking about taking it for a long time, but talking doesn’t move you ahead it just makes you spin in circles. I’m tired, and dizzy from it all. I just want to get moved and work on taking that second step. And whether it takes me a week or a month or a year, at least I’ve made that first step so that the second step is even possible.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    That first step is always the hardest. Everything from now on is cake. Chocolate cake. With chocolate ganache frosting.
    mmmmmm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home