Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's a Gas

I found a gas station down in the OC for $3.11. How sad is it that I got excited to find $3.11 gas? This is just ridiculous. And nobody seems to be saying anything about it anymore. People used to get all up in arms when gas went up more than five or six cents a gallon.

It’s so frustrating ‘cause it feels like there’s nothing that can be done about it. Our reliance on foreign oil, as my brother would so eloquently say, “has us by the balls.” Buying a hybrid car is a step, but you’re still filling up at the tank. And the public transportation system is atrocious in Los Angeles.

And it’s not like people are just going to stop driving. We have to get places. I’m getting ready to sell my condo and move closer to Hollywood. That means I’m back in commute mode. People are still buying SUVs. I just wonder at what point we in the U.S. will finally say enough.

Sorry for the downer post. Read my archives for a couple chuckles.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger SeriouslyNoWay said…

    In order to get past the anger of being ripped off by the gas companies I just decided to block out my memories of buying gas. That way I can't stay angry. Out out damned spot, I say.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.losangelesgasprices.com/

    http://www.gasbuddy.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home