Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Cooking with Gas

The studs at the gas company broke a line while they were doing work in the street outside my condo yesterday. They had to turn off the gas to our entire complex. The vague note we all had hanging outside our doors noted the time as 1:30 pm.

The only reason I found out what had happened was ‘cause I had agreed to count the quarters from our laundry facility with the other condo co-president after work. I counted over $1000 worth of quarters. Do you know how gross it is to think of all the hands that had touched those quarters before me? My hands were filthy when I was finished.

At least I could wash them in nice, hot soapy water when I got home. Oh wait, that’s right, no gas! This whole event just reiterated how horrible communication is in our complex. The condo manager had to come around to every apartment last night around 9:30 to let us know what was going on.

It’s nearly 11 a.m. and the gas company is outside right now trying to fix whatever the problem is. I feel totally gross and I may have to just run over to the gym and take a shower. I feel just like Laura Ingalls out on the prairie. Except Laura didn’t use a computer to blog about her experiences, she had to use that stuff made from trees and a piece of charcoal, or blood, or squid ink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home