Leana's Comedy Blog Etc...

The continuing saga of a single, burgeoning stand-up comedienne/wanna-be poker ingénue/bitter corporate drone/closet hermit/hapless homeowner…living in L.A.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Inappropriate Work-Out Attire Today at 24-Hour Fitness

One guy was wearing the baggy-ass jeans and a sweatshirt, with Doc Martins. The reason he really stood out was because he was working out manically on the stair stepper. He was swinging his arms so hard I thought he was going to tip the thing over.

The other was a short chick wearing khaki pants, a pink tank top and a knit sweater jacket. She looked like she was going to work, not the gym.

Do these people just not own gym clothes? Did they put these closes on specifically to go to the gym? Did they think it would comfortable work-out gear?

‘Cause people don’t just accidentally stumble into a gym to workout. It’s not like walking by the movie theater and saying “Yeah, I think I’ll see a flick.” There’s usually some premeditation to going to the gym. For me, I lay in bed for fifteen minutes crying before I get up, search for a clean sports bra and find one of my many old, gnarly sorority t-shirts to throw on before I walk out the door. Then I get to the gym, sit in my car crying for 15 minutes, then walk inside. Then I get on a treadmill, walk for 15 minutes and cry. Then I get off the treadmill…you get the drift. But at least I’m dressed appropriately.

But I guess the khaki pants and jeans is a lot less offensive then the fat chicks wearing spandex or the hairy guys wearing tank tops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home